Monday, January 8, 2007

One Year


This week is all about getting ready for Eden's birthday party on Sunday. We're having about 30 people -- the first real big gathering at our house since we moved in. I'm excited, but also kind of nervous.

It amazes me that a year has passed already since she came into our lives. Unfreakingbelievable. I have a hard time thinking back to my pregnancy with her, because it was so filled with doubt about whether I really wanted or could handle another baby. I had no idea what an absolute joy she would be. I often hear about how a baby can "complete" a family (as in, once you have them, you know you are done having kids). For me, in many ways, Eden is the piece of the puzzle that actually made us a family. When it was just Sadie, I think Evan and I were very much a couple with a child. Somehow, Eden changed all that. I can't, for a minute, imagine our lives without her now.

No comments: