Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Fun

I haven't been very good at updating lately, I guess because things have just been humming along normally - nothing that has felt particularly noteworthy. I have to keep reminding myself that what seems normal and not-noteworthy now is exactly what I set out to document when I began this journa. So, here goes.

We hosted some fall fun at our house this weekend....a pumpkin-carving party for the neighborhood kids (and parents). The kids carved and/or painted pumpkins and gorged on donuts, caramel apples, and cupcakes while the adults enjoyed hot cider spiked with apple brandy - fun for all! We had about 20+ kids of all ages - it was a lot of fun. It was Amelia's birthday, Marie brought a pinata and called the whole event her birthday party (I like how that woman thinks!). So, the kids were all sugared up and wild. Once it got dark, we all headed over to the neighbor's yard, where he had set up a giant outdoor projection screen. We lit the jack-o-lanterns, munched on kid food (pizza bagels and popcorn) and watched Tim Burton's, The Nightmare Before Christmas. It was truly a great time. I've said it before, and you know I can't pass up on the opportunity to say it again....

Wait for it....

We have the BEST neighborhood!

The kids didn't get to bed until past nine, and it took us quite a while to clean up the yard and get the house back in order, so I didn't get to bed until way later than I would have liked. Eden decided it would be a good idea to wake up in the night last night, so needless to say, I'm sleepy today. But overall it was a great day and worth every sleepy moment today.

No comments: