Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And...cut! Cue Fall...

Wow, summer really seems to have ended abruptly. A week and a half ago it was hot and sticky and all about bathing suits and sunscreen. Now it is cool, windy, and all about homework and soccer practice. How quickly things change.

Labor Day weekend came and went. It was a good one, but it wasn't the summer swan song it could have been. Saturday was a magnificent beach day - a '10' in anyone's book. We had a great day and it was the perfect antidote to the first week of school for Sadie, who spent it in the water, riding waves, collecting shells and just generally enjoying herself. As we were waiting for the car at the end of the day, she sighed and said "Life is good." Indeed.

Sunday we hosted a backyard party. It ended up being 40 people - insane! If you had asked me beforehand if I had many friends in the area, I would have said no, but I guess we do. We borrowed a bounce house for the kids (what a great idea - the kids had a blast), grilled up a bunch of good food and kept the drinks flowing. It was a fun day/evening.

Yesterday was all about recovering mostly. I may or may not have had a bit of a hangover and was short on energy and patience. We did go and order Sadie's birthday cake, hit the (cold and windy!) beach club for the last day festivities and to clean out the locker, and stop at the Windmill for fries on the way home. So, even though I really just felt like snoozing all day, I guess we were productive.

Now it is Tuesday, feels like October, like summer was long ago. Sadie didn't feel like getting up and going to school today, and I can't say I blame her. I had the same thought about coming to work. Ah well, I guess it is an adjustment for us all.

No comments: