School starts in 20 days. 20 days?!?!?!?! How can that be?
This summer, like all summers, has flown by. But, in a good way. It has been wonderful. Busy, fun, relaxed and relaxing. We've done just about everything we planned to do as a family to enjoy it, with the exception of that canoe/rafting trip that we decided to put off until September. We've had more than our fair share of gorgeous days at the beach, plenty of swimming and playing, and I've even managed to read more books this summer than I have in the entire past year.
Although I can't say the kids would ever really feel ready to return to school (can you blame them?), I know they at least feel that their summer was full and fulfilling.
As for me, I'm not sure. My summer was full of fun, for sure. But, I can't help but feel that ALL I managed to do was have fun. Knowing how crazy last year was, and knowing that this school year is likely to be all that and more, I had hoped to accomplish a few things around the house over the summer. I had plans big (finally renovate our not-really-functional 2nd bathroom) and small (clean out front hall closet, organize this year's photos in an album). Nothing got done. I blame the drought. 7 weeks of pretty much no rain means no lazy indoor days
So, I've got three weeks left. Obviously, the bathroom isn't getting attended to (maybe over xmas break. Then again, maybe not), but I can certainly knock out that closet and the photo album...right? RIGHT?!?! I'm hoping by putting it here, I'm creating some sort of accountability. Hopefully, I will post on September 1st, not only to upload the first day of school pix, but to boast about my strikingly organized hall closets and up to date 2010 photo album.
Until then...I'm off to enjoy these last, glorious days of summer. :-)
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment