Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love is in the air...

Did you have a romantic Valentine's Day?

We...did not.

Wednesday saw a huge ice storm hit our area. "Oh, that's romantic!" you are probably thinking, "Being holed up and cozy inside, watching the miracle of nature in action from the comfort of your couch." Yeah, not so much. I mean, I did get the day off, due to the weather, and so, it would have been nice to kick back and watch the storm. Except.

Except that Sadie was in the throes of this virus that rendered her unable to do anything but lie on the couch, cry, vomit, nap intermittently, and demand that I bring her juice. Or ice-pops. Or coloring books. Or a different movie. Or tissues. So, my day centered around caring for her.

And, the icing on the cake, so to speak, was when my parents, who had been without power (and therefore heat) all day showed up to stay the night. Don't get me wrong. I was so glad that we were there, and could give them a comfortable place to stay. And, it was nice having them. It kind of reminded me of the long weekend visits they would make to us up in Massachussetts. We gave them our room and we slept in the den. This was probably a good thing, as I was up and down out of bed all night helping poor Sadie.

Anyway, I would not call this one of our most romantic Valentine's Days.

No comments: