Anyway, lots of stuff going on here. Bulleted version:
- Had a great weekend and mother's day celebration(s). In years passed, I've been disappointed in the actual day, in spite of Evan making a concerted effort to 'do something you would like to do'. This year, I actually took him up on that offer and did what I REALLY wanted to do...spend some time alone! I know that seems the antithesis of what the day is supposed to be about, but it worked for me. For the record, the actual day (Sunday) was spent with the family. It was the day before that I got lots of much-needed and very rejuvenating 'me' time, as well as some time just with Evan. Heavenly!
- Our veggie garden is finally in! I can't wait to reap the fruits of our--make that Evan's--labor later this summer.
- Speaking of the backyard, it really looks fabulous. I have to get out there tonight and get some pictures to post. the whole project took a long time (a year, actually!), but just in the last two weeks has it all seemed to just come together and be buttoned up nicely. The deck is wonderful, the house is most of the way painted, the yard is somewhat luxurious, and the gardens will (hopefully) be productive. Years ago, I helped our friend Jeff paint his living room. At the time, he was living in a rental with a bunch of guys, and the place had that 'college students/renters live here' look to it. So, in a weekend, we fixed up just one room and the transformation was phenomenal. I remember Jeff saying "wow! it looks like normal people live here!" That sentiment is exactly how I feel when I view our yard now. It no longer looks like a house/yard in need of help, or a project in progress. It just looks like a yard, and a nice one at that. Finally!
- After years of suffering through sinus troubles, I finally did something about it and went to see an ENT. It has been 10 days, and I'm on to the 2nd antibiotic, still with little improvement. But, I'm hopeful. He took a culture and identified the bacteria that is growing in there (hence the abx change mid-stream), so I am optimistic that I am finally going to be able to beat this thing. And, though I am still sniffly and congested and enjoying that lovely residual cough, the worst of the sinus pain is gone, and those lovely dark bruised circles that have graced my undereye area for years now are mostly gone. So, as I said, I'm hopeful...
- Speaking of sinus meds, the ones I am on render me sleepless. I wonder how many nights I can go with little to no sleep before I just crash? It feels oddly different than those sleepless nights in early parenting...I guess it is the 'speed' in the decongestants, but I'm oddly peppy and alert, with lots of energy. Strange all around.
- I've been good about hitting the gym lately, in spite of the crappy sinuses. I looked at a calendar and realized time is running out to get in bathing suit shape, so that got my butt moving. In addition to cardio, I've added some weight training to my routine. It's nice to feel sore after a workout! Hope it is doing something.
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well. I hope things slow down soon.
Post a Comment