This morning, moments before we were to leave the house, I sent Eden to her room to retrieve her shoes and put them on. She is all about doing everything "by MYSELF!" these days, and usually pitches a fit if you try to help her. So, putting on her shoes is one of the safe activities that I am more than happy to let her tackle herself, even if it means it takes a lot longer.
Well, she's in her room for several minutes, when finally she calls out "Can you help me?" I walked into her room, fully expecting to see her working on the straps to her shoes. Nope. She was standing there, naked from the waist down, several baby wipes in her hand, and a poopy diaper strewn across the room. "I have poop all over my butt. Can you help me, please?" she asked, while I stood there, horrified and practically retching. 15 minutes later, she and the room were cleaned up, Evan was on his way to rent a steam cleaner, and we were finally on our way to daycare. Not the best start to the day.
I'm all for encouraging her independence (really, what choice do I have?), but I'm thinking it is either time to think about potty training, or time to start putting her back in onesies (to keep the diaper inaccessible).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment