Monday, July 21, 2008

Darn.

I was really hoping to post the video I took of Sadie swimming this weekend, but the keeper of the firewire cord in our office is out sick today, and I can't find the darn thing. Oh well, I guess I'll try for Thursday.

In the meantime, maybe I should upload a cute photo of you-know-who:
This way, it will lessen the sting of the $300 we just spent at the vet, in addition to all of the floor mopping and 5am walking we've been doing as he battles some sort of GI...ick. He's on an abx now, so hopefully we he gets some relief soon.

Speaking of needing relief, it is still ridiculously hot here. Our a/c has just been whirring continuously for days. I'm probably going to have a heart attack when the electric bill arrives. Between unexpected vet bills and crazazy electric bills, I may never get those new tires my car desperately needs.

In other weekend news, we have stuck to our (my?) plan of eating at five new (to us) restaurants before returning to one of our regular places (we were in a rut). Saturday night we took the girls to Mama Chuch's, which I've eyed up for the entire time we've lived here, but had never visited. It was really good, and the girls enjoyed their meal, and so it is nice to have another option to throw into the mix when thinking about going out. So that brings us to three "new" places under our belts - Mama Chuch's, Taka, and Casa Solar ... and we're slated to use a gift certificate and go to Le Bistro Fandy next week. Not bad for a couple of dirty stay-ins, eh?

Tomorrow I've got three of my friends and their kids joining us at the beach - should be a bit chaotic, but hopefully fun. And on Wednesday, we'll go up and see my parents, who are arriving back from their vacation. The girls (Eden, particularly) have really missed them, so it will be good to reunite.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Your doggie is so cute!! Have fun at the beach!