That Eden's crabby-ass ways and sleep issues of the past few months (fights going down at night and up too early in the a.m., with the occasional night-waking thrown in to keep us on our toes) are all tied to teething. For some reason, I had thought she was done...I thought she had the 2 year molars (not that I actually really bothered to look, I guess). I even have ignored the weeks of shoving a hand in the back of her mouth, or written it off as just another weird, gross habit/phase she was going through.
But last night, she woke in the night (her second time in two weeks) and was just awake from 2-3:30. She was obviously tired, but couldn't settle herself back down. This morning, in a bleary-eyed moment of genius, I actually took a peek in the back of her mouth. What did I see? 2 lower molars that are halfway through, with a lot of swollen gum tissue around both of them. So obviously, teeth are coming, and probably have been coming for some time now. The top looked a little puffy as well, but no obvious signs of teeth yet.
I feel really stupid for not thinking of teething at any point over the past several weeks as I have complained endlessly of how "impossible" Eden has been. I'm not entirely sure that everything can be attributed to teething, as she slept at her grandparents' house the other night and went down without a peep and slept late, too. But, I do think that some of the behavioral stuff must be tied to her discomfort. Oh well. Tonight, I'm dosing her with some advil before bed and hoping for the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment