Monday, September 8, 2008

Block Party!

Yesterday, our neighborhood held its block party. The event was originally scheduled for Saturday, but the rainy weather forced us to postpone. I have to admit that I was somewhat bummed to have to leave the beach early yesterday for it, and not totally looking forward to it. It ended up being a really good time. I know I have devoted more than one post to extolling the awesomeness of our neighborhood, but I just have to do it again. Our n'hood rocks! I can't really describe the feeling I had watching my girls run around with the posse of about 20 kids (ages 11 and under) having the time of their lives. I hope these are memories that they will carry with them when they think of their childhood.

As for the adults - we had fun, too! I ate way too much, and probably drank too much, too (the white wine, sprite, triple sec, and peach schnaps 'punch' went down just a little too easily). It was great to just sit and talk and not really have to worry/focus on where the kids were, since everyone's yard was part of the party.

We're already planning the next event - pumpkin carving at our house, followed by outdoor movies at another neighbors' place. I love living in Mayberry.

1 comment: