So, small cause for celebration: Tonight is the first night all week that the four of us will sit down to a real dinner together - that right there is progress, right? I never thought we'd become one of 'those' families, and yet, it just happened so fast. Obviously, the busy theme I lamented about last week continues, but there is an end in sight.
I ran myself ragged last weekend finishing up the soliciting for the chance auction, then sat through a long committee meeting on it Monday night and finally I feel like I can take a breath on that front.
Sadie's show is tomorrow night (though, it looks like we might get snowed out), and this whole week has been about final costume adjustments and rehearsals. She is really looking forward to the show (I am, too), but I will also be happy to see this one behind us.
so, if all goes as planned, after tomorrow night, the weekend is completely free and clear of any obligations. No auction soliciting. No girl scout cookie selling. No sick relative visiting. No get togethers with friends (ok, I of course enjoy those, but trying to squeeze it in after a full day of everything else makes it feel more like an obligation than fun). To top it all off...we're expecting snow. Lots of it. So, if that doesn't say stay in and chill out, what does?