It begins again!
Today is Sadie's first day of school. She fell asleep quickly last night (thanks to a late night the night before and an intentionally early waking from me) and slept well. Woke up ready to face the world, or at least, the third grade. She told me she was excited but also nervous - to which I replied, "And that's exactly how you are supposed to feel."
Eden has one last day off, then we go for her meet and greet tomorrow, and her school starts in earnest on Tuesday. She has been very nervous about it - at least, I believe so, based on her behavior over the past few weeks. I'm certain after Tuesday, she'll feel a tremendous sense of relief. At least, I hope!
Starting next week, we really jump in with both feet to the chaos again. Sadie's extracurricular schedule is shaping up something like this:
Tuesdays - Brownies
Sundays and Wednesdays - Hebrew school
Thursdays - soccer practice
Saturdays - soccer games
So, this coming weekend is really our last free, calm, unscheduled weekend for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to leave it that way, too. We've got our block party on Sunday, but other than that - no plans except savoring a last beach weekend and mentally preparing to switch gears.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment