We have been having a really great fall, in all ways. The weather has been unbelievable, dry and warm and just perfect for outdoor activities. So, what have we been up to?
Well, a whole lot of this, for starters:

Sadie's soccer season wrapped up at the end of October. She had a really good season, her playing improved dramatically from last year, and she enjoyed her coach and team experience. I will miss it - I really enjoyed the Saturday morning ritual of sitting up at the fields, soaking up the gorgeous weather, watching the game and socializing.
She's also been busy with chorus and brownies. Chorus had her out the door an hour early twice a week to rehearse. The fall concert was this past Thursday night, and it was so neat to see the result of all that rehearsing they did. Sadie really shined, and it was hard to reconcile the vision of her singing, smiling and hamming up the choreography with my former shrinking violet.
The brownie experience this year has been wonderful, too. There has been a bit of a troop reorganization and Sadie has a new leader this year, who really has a knack for running things. Saturday night, the troop prepared and served a Spaghetti dinner for the parents. What a treat! She had a ton of fun doing it, and it was a really fun evening for all of us.
We also attended the family bingo night at Eden's school and had a great time. I swear, I can see myself as one of those senior citizens who plays bingo in church basements and VFW halls one day, I enjoy it that much. Anyway, it was another fun night for us.
Speaking of Eden, this fall has been a whirlwind of playdates and birthday parties for her. She seems to be a sought after playdate companion...we're constantly getting calls inviting her over. I'm not sure if that means she is a good friend, or a polite/easy houseguest, or maybe both, but I think it is great. She has a nice well-rounded social circle of school kids and neighborhood kids, and it is helpful to have her occupied with a friend to give Sadie some breathing room when she has friends over.
In other news, Hebrew school is going well for Sadie. She has yet to complain about going, much to our surprise. And, more importantly, it is doing what I hoped - teaching/refreshing Sadie on her knowledge of Judaism, and helping her feel connected to the Jewish community. So, it is all good. In fact, Eden keeps asking if she can go, and I think we'll probably start her much earlier - next year when she leaves the J. Doesn't hurt to have a 3 hour window of downtime on Sunday morning :D
Anyway, that's it for now. I'll be back at some point, when there is something newsworthy...
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well. Welcome back to blogland!
Post a Comment