In keeping with my plan for the year, Friday night I met up with some friends of mine that I haven't seen in 18 years. No, that's not a typo. Eighteen years. It was a mini-reunion of the sleep away camp crew, and it was so great to connect again.
Yours truly, Suzanne and Elana.
Saturday, I took the girls out to lunch, and it was actually a lot of fun. Lots of giggles - definitely one of those times that you envision when you realize you're having a daughter and hope that you're getting a friend, if that makes sense. My girls can be such a trip sometimes. Then, Sadie and I dropped off Eden at home for her siesta and went to visit Aunt Leila. It was a good visit, and she has made so much progress in two weeks. I left feeling really proud of the work she is doing and hopeful that she is going to make a remarkable recovery.
The weather was gorgeous so after we got home, I took advantage and went for a run. I hadn't run outside since December and it was really, really cool to see how much progress I'd made since I last ran that route. I kicked that run's ass, I'm proud to say.
Saturday night we did a repeat of last weekend and held another 'family movie night', which the kids think is just the cat's meow. After we put the kids to bed, we did the cleaning for the week, and knocked out the laundry, mopping, bathrooms and even steam cleaned the carpets. I am so much calmer and happier when that stuff is taken care of. I wish I could just let it go and not worry about it, but I have accepted that I can't. Good thing for me, Evan has also accepted that I can't, and he pitches in and gets it done, too.
Yesterday was all about family. We had Evan's parents over for a bagel brunch, then hit a playground, then went to my parents house for dinner. I probably did too much eating, but that's life. I'm back on the wagon today. And, that's the rundown on the weekend. Hoping the week flies by and we can head into another one.
The weather was gorgeous so after we got home, I took advantage and went for a run. I hadn't run outside since December and it was really, really cool to see how much progress I'd made since I last ran that route. I kicked that run's ass, I'm proud to say.
Saturday night we did a repeat of last weekend and held another 'family movie night', which the kids think is just the cat's meow. After we put the kids to bed, we did the cleaning for the week, and knocked out the laundry, mopping, bathrooms and even steam cleaned the carpets. I am so much calmer and happier when that stuff is taken care of. I wish I could just let it go and not worry about it, but I have accepted that I can't. Good thing for me, Evan has also accepted that I can't, and he pitches in and gets it done, too.
Yesterday was all about family. We had Evan's parents over for a bagel brunch, then hit a playground, then went to my parents house for dinner. I probably did too much eating, but that's life. I'm back on the wagon today. And, that's the rundown on the weekend. Hoping the week flies by and we can head into another one.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun weekend!!
Post a Comment