The weekend completely flew by. Obviously, it was a good one.
Friday night, Evan and I had a date night, which was much needed and much appreciated. We had an early dinner at Mike and Nellie's, then went to see "Slumdog Millionaire." It was nice to get out, and even better to be back home by 10pm.
Saturday, Evan took the girls to the mall for a bit so I could have some time to myself. I didn't do anything too exciting with my 'me' time, but it was still nice to have it. Saturday night we did a family movie night, which the kids loved. It is nice that they are getting old enough to watch movies that aren't painful for Evan and I to watch.
Oh, and Eden has started doing something that her six year old sister still hasn't managed - namely, waking up in the morning and quietly going to the fridge and getting her sippy of juice then heading into the TV room and watching TV and relaxing until everyone else wakes up. It is a beautiful thing. With her doing that and Sadie sleeping until 9 most weekend mornings, I'm starting to see some lazy weekend mornings of sleeping in in our near future, for the first time in 6 1/2 years.
Yesterday was a glorious day - sunny and almost 60 degrees. We decided to take advantage of the break in the weather and headed up to Holmdel Park. First, the girls wanted to 'skate' on the pond. We didn't bring skates, so they just did a lot of sliding around on their sneakers, but they still had fun. Then, we visited the animals and Longstreet Farm. We took a break for a picnic lunch in the sledding hill shelter, which had a nice roaring fire to enjoy, and then spent a couple of hours at the playground. The fresh air did us all good, and the kids were ecstatic once they got running.
We stopped by Carolyn and Kenny's for a visit to their SuperBowl party, and it took all of my willpower to stay away from the munchies table, but I did it. I also ran 2.8 miles yesterday, so it was a great day, in that respect.
We all slept like the dead last night (all that fresh air, I guess), so it seems like the week is getting off to a good start. More later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment