I would be remiss if I didn't note down for the records what little Miss Eden has been up to, while her sister has been practicing dance moves and cheer routines. She is starting to read! It is amazing and somewhat unreal to watch, but she is definitely doing it. She can sound out and then recognize any three letter word, provided the vowel is the 'short' sound (e.g., "wet", "hat", "bug"). Four letter words seem to throw her off completely. For example, she can read "bum" but if I then write "bump"....she will do this: "Buh. Uh. Mmm. Ppp. Pum?"
She has become obsessed with reading, and wants to try to read everything. When Sadie is doing her homework, Eden begs for homework of her own. It is crazy! That girl, for all of the trouble she can give us (don't even get me started on what an ordeal it is to get her to settle down and go to sleep at night), is crazy smart.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too funny! It is amazing how well they pick up on what their older siblings are doing.
Post a Comment