Halfway through the work week, a good day to check in. We actually had a delayed opening today (noon) on account of the snow. Kids had a full snow day, but I'm not looking a gift horse (relaxed morning at home) in the mouth.
I met up with Priya for drinks on Monday night. It was so good to catch up. We last saw each other in July, so twice in six months is pretty good for us, considering that before July, I hadn't seen her since before Eden was born. Anyway, we connected right away, as always, and had fun catching up and dishing on all of our former high school friends that we've suddenly been back in touch with a la Facebook. We're planning on heading to Maryland in March, and I'm definitely going to squeeze in a visit to them in VA this trip.
Yesterday, Sadie had a second playdate with her new friend, Victoria. It went well, as in she didn't want to leave when I came to pick her up. That was ok, though, as it gave me a chance to chat with her mom, who is really nice and to admire their spectacular home (stunning Victorian in Loch Arbour). I foresee more playdates in their future.
I wasn't able to work out yesterday, since I was one pickup duty, and I have to say, I actually missed it. Looking forward to a good one today right after work. I think it is a good sign that when the phone rang at 5:30 this morning, notifying me about the delayed opening, my second thought (after 'woohoo!' was 'oh cool, I can still get in a run after work now). I am, at least for the time being, hooked.
So anyway, I had a nice quiet morning with Eden today, while Evan worked and Sadie was at Abby's. I so rarely get time alone with E that it was such a treat. Sadie and Abby, after an aborted attempt at playing in the snow (it was pouring rain at this point) convinced Carolyn to take them out to lunch and the movies (Marley & Me).
The rest of the week looks pretty quiet. We are having a date night Friday night, which I'm looking forward to. We're going to dinner and then to see Slumdog Millionaire. Really looking forward to a night out!
Anyway, that's about all from here. I'm looking forward to stepping on the scale on Friday and hopefully seeing some more good results. I'll be back to post about it over the weekend, either way.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment