I just spent the morning reading through a lot of my old blog posts. What a fun trip down memory lane. It really reaffirmed for me the importance of journaling and capturing these moments, even when I don't always feel like I have anything 'blogworthy.'
So...what's been happening here? Let's see...
Eden - Eden is reading up a storm, and loving it. It is seriously adorable to listen to her little voice work through the words. She is also very into doing everything 'by myself!' lately. Sometimes this is frustrating and annoying, but more often than not, it is actually not only cute, but actually helpful. She loves to pick out her own clothes for the day, and as long as we're not going anywhere that I really care about her appearance, I totally let her choose and wear what she wants. Surprisingly, her picks aren't usually too bad. I think she might have a better eye for what coordinates than her dad does. While she had mostly favored 'soft' pants over jeans for the better part of a year, today she surprised me for opting for jeans, so I'm hopeful we're finally passing that stage (because she has so many adorable pairs of jeans that have sat, unworn, in her drawer).
Sadie - Sadie continues to morph into a little 'tween' right before our eyes. Her latest interests include writing and illustrating little books. They are adorable, and also really funny - she has quite the sense of humor. She also loves playing 'mermaid' (ever since we let her watch Splash) and even roped the boy across the street into her storyline. I love sitting in the kitchen and eavesdropping on their play. Another favorite pastime is watching music videos on YouTube. Favorites include Spice Girls, Brittney Spears (yeah, I know...gag...I try to limit that one), and Beyonce. I'm sure it is wildly inappropriate that she walks around singing 'All the Single Ladies' and smacking her own tush, but you know what? Oh well. I've got bigger fish to fry.
Anyway, all that to say they're going and growing and all is well in Cotlerland.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment