Most of my mommy friends (be it those on the Intertubes or 'live' ones) have all gotten their acts together and made summer plans for the kids. Morning rec, girl scout camp, swim camp, gymnastics camp, county park programs...me? I've done nothing* at this point. I just can't get motivated to do so.
At this point, the thought of doing not much this summer sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to not rushing around in the mornings to get some or all of us out the door. The thought of 10 weeks free from the nighttime chores of making lunches and laying out clothes and going through folders and signing and returning forms sounds too nice at this point.
I suppose I will be kicking myself come, I don't know...mid-July when we're all bored and sick of each other. I mean, surely these other mothers must know something that I don't, right?
*by nothing, I mean, nothing tangible. I've thought about signing Sadie up for 2 weeks of morning rec, and enrolling Eden in a weekly gymnastics class. Heck, I've even done more than thought about it. I've SAID I'm going to do it. But for some reason, when it comes to pulling the trigger and doing it...I keep stalling out.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment