Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Plans are Shaping Up.

I posted a few weeks back about my lack of organization as far as pulling together anything concrete for the summer. I'm happy to report that as of this morning, the following is now in place:

  • Sadie is registered for two weeks of morning rec through the town. This will entertain her from 9-noon, and give me and Eden 'alone' time, and also, hopefully, tire Sadie out enough that she'll mellow out at the beach in the afternoons. Most of her class and Brownie friends are doing it, so I think she'll have a lot of fun. And, if she doesn't, its only two weeks...
  • Sadie is signed up for a week of swim lessons at the town pool. I only signed her up for five lessons - I figure that whatever skills she is taught there, we can reinforce them daily at the beach. My main reason for signing her up is that I figure on some of the days she is in the lessons, we'll just head to the town pool for the day instead of the beach. Again, this is very popular with her classmates, so I thought it would be a nice change of scenery for the girls.
Also in the works, though awaiting confirmation:
  • Gymnastics classes for both girls. I definitely want to enroll Eden in a tiny tumblers class. If Sadie is willing to take a summer hiatus from horseback riding (which, I hope she is, as dragging out to the very hot and dusty stables on Friday afternoons was never much fun last summer), then I will enroll her in an age-appropriate class as well.
  • Next week I will be registering Sadie for fall soccer, too. She is not excited about it, but I think she should give team sports a try. I am a little concerned that between Brownies, riding lessons, soccer and (possibly) Hebrew school (more about that in another post), she will be overscheduled, but we'll give it a try for a couple of months and see how it goes.
And, back on the topic of summer plans...we're going to be taking a mini-vacation to Boston. I am really excited. I haven't been back since we moved for a lot of reasons (mostly logistical, but also some emotional), but I am now really ready to go and enjoy it. We're going for four days - 2 in and around the city and 2 up on the North Shore. Can't wait to see everyone/everything that I've missed so much. Hope it hasn't changed too much.

So, between the trip, the scheduled activities and the beach club, I'm thinking that we're looking at a great summer. Now if only the weather would coincide with the calendar and warm up...

No comments: