Monday, June 15, 2009

the rain.

really, the rain can stop at any time now, and it would be more than fine. This has to be the rainiest spring I can remember - and considering I spent three springs in rainy Oregon, that's saying a lot.

Friday was my last 'kid-free' day off until September. Although I would have loved a quiet day at the beach with a book, I didn't delude myself into thinking that this was actually going to happen. Instead, I made lemonade out of the crappy weather, so to speak, and had a great day, anyway. I hit the gym, got a pedicure, met my mom out for lunch and then went shopping. All stuff that I never seem to have the time to do. So, it was a good day.

Saturday, the rain did actually halt for most of the day to give us a break. We took the girls on their first 'mountain' (and by mountain, I mean, off-road, trail ride) bike ride. We rode around Manasquan Reservoir. It was great. We loved it, the girls loved it (Sadie kept yelling "this is awesome!" every time we hit a down hill) and I have no doubt we've just found a new activity to add to our weekend repertoire.

Yesterday was again, rainy and gloomy until about 3pm. We mostly puttered in the morning, then went out for lunch and finally got outside in the late afternoon. We had dinner up at my parents' house so the day ended up being pleasant and busy enough in spite of the weather.

All in all, it was a good weekend, but I'm really hoping that we can put this crap weather behind us now. The beach club opens on Saturday and I will be seriously disappointed if we can't get there. That's all for now, I guess....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, I love your header. Cool statement you've got here like those stainless steel bathroom sinks I shopped this morning