The harder the Monday! It was a great weekend - and went by much too quickly.
Friday, I had the day off, as did Sadie. We decided to have a 'girls' day', complete with lunch out, a movie (Up) and a little shopping. It was a lot of fun, and so nice to spend such an extended bit of time with just Sadie. I did feel a little guilty, though, when I picked up Eden. Such is the plight of us moms with more than one child, I suppose. Anything good and special with one, is usually marred by the feeling of guilt over what the other one isn't getting to do. Ah well...it was a good day.
Saturday we went to a 1st birthday party for one of our neighbors. My, oh my...what a party! We had intended to just go for a bit to be polite, but we ended up staying for seven hours. First of all, this was like no other first birthday party I've ever been to. There were a zillion people there. Someone counted and reported that at one point, there were 47 kids there. Tons of food and the liquor flowed (and flowed!)...a bounce castle for the kids...definitely a good time. We stumbled home just in time to get the kids to bed and everyone slept late, late, late on Sunday.
Yesterday, aside from being a picture perfect day, weatherwise, was our 11th anniversary. The girls insisted on making us breakfast (toast) and we spent most of the day at the beach. It was lovely - the perfect day and the perfect way to celebrate our family.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend... and great neighbors. We are wanting to see Up as well.
Hope we have beautiful weather this weekend, feel like we are about to float away.
Post a Comment