I have had so much to post about over the past couple of weeks that I've been overwhelmed and hence, not posting anything. I finally decided today that I need to start writing and see what comes out.
The past couple of weeks have been really busy and really fun. Aside from the normal summer stuff, we took a mini-vacation up to Massachusetts. It was my first time back there in nearly four years and to be honest, I was a bit nervous. Not nervous to go, so much, but nervous that I'd go and feel regret about leaving in the first place. I'm happy to report that for the most part, that didn't happen. We had a fantastic time catching up with old friends and visiting some of our favorite places - parks, beaches, restaurants, stores, but aside from really feeling a tug in my heart while we were in Boston proper (I just love that city and for me, NYC will never measure up), overall, all the trip did was reaffirm for me that our move was the right thing for our family. That said, I did feel some regret that we've waited this long to visit! I think we're going to try to make it an annual trip from here on out. I have pictures loaded on my other computer, and I plan to revisit this post tonight and upload.
It was good to get away - and even better to come home. We came home to more beautiful weather, lots of beach time, swim lessons, and camp for Sadie. So far (we're at day three today), she is enjoying it, which is a relief. I have to say that I thought that I would enjoy the mornings more than I have. I had this vision of Eden and I really having some nice one on one time while Sadie was out and that hasn't really happened so much. I mean, we've had time together, but I'm realizing that in some ways, it is more work to have just one of them with me. They really have gotten to the point where they play together and entertain eachother so well. That has caught me by surprise, after three years of lamenting how hard it is to parent more than one child at the same time. Eden really misses Sadie in the mornings, too. She constantly asks when she will be back.
Anyway, overall it is going well, and it has been good for Sadie. I am toying with the idea of signing her up for a second 2 week session, assuming the remainder of this one goes as well as the past few days. Though, I may just leave well enough alone and leave her wanting a bit more, rather than burning out on it. To be decided, I guess.
I can't believe that it is already the end of July. This summer seems to be going by even faster than normal - probably because it felt like it got such a late start. We've got a bunch of birthday parties coming up in the next few weeks, a visit from our favorite aunt and cousin in early August, the much-anticipated town festival soon after that, some day visits from city friends and a weekend of camping at the end of August and then before we know it, school will be starting again (shhh! don't tell Sadie. She thinks she's on an endless summer vacation). Hard to believe. Time stops for no one, I guess.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment