Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Firsts

Again, a busy few days off - I can't believe how fast the summer is going. I only have a few more weeks of my summer schedule; it has really flown by in record time this year.

So, two firsts to report:

1. Eden is sporting her first (of many?) black eyes. She took a swing in the face at a friend's BBQ over the weekend and has quite the shiner to show for it. She took it like the tough kid she is, though, and it doesn't seem to bother her. I, on the other hand, am getting a lot of "what happened?!?!?" from people. I've tried convincing her to say, "you oughtta see the other guy!" when people ask, but so far she isn't going for it.

2. Sadie went off the diving board at the beach yesterday. She had previously told me (like, last week) that she would do it next year, not this year. But, yesterday, with very little coaxing, she went for it, and loved it. She then spent the better part of the rest of the afternoon repeating. So proud of her!

I love all of these firsts....

No comments: