So what can I say...? I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up to date with this blog. There have been plenty of things that have happened in the past several weeks that I've thought, "I've got to note that down in the blog", but when it actually comes time to sit and compose...I draw a blank.
The summer continues to hum along at breakneck speed. Yesterday was a rainy day so we took advantage of the crappy weather and ran errands. Two notable errands included in the lineup were...buying school supplies (much to Sadie's dismay) and dropping off Eden's school paperwork (much to my dismay...how can my baby be ready for nursery school already?!?). I've only got about a dozen more things on my must do before fall list - considering next week is my last summer schedule week, I think I'm going to be looking at a chaotic few weeks of trying to fit stuff in before school starts. So much for being relaxed and organized this year.
Soccer practice starts in another two weeks for Sadie. I'm cautiously hopeful that she'll enjoy herself. She is not looking forward to it, but, being Sadie, she never looks forward to anything she isn't already familiar with. She's had so many experiences recently of trying and succeeding at things, so even though she keeps saying, "I don't think I'll be good at soccer", I'm hoping she can draw on those experiences and give it her best and just enjoy herself.
Swimming lessons will be winding down soon. They have been wonderful - can't say enough good things about them. Sadie is confidently going off the diving board, swimming in water over her head, and even starting to learn to dive. Eden, too, has made a lot of progress. She is now determined to swim without her vest. I don't know that she'll get there by summer's end, but it is a far cry from the little girl who clung to me like a monkey in the water at the beginning of the summer. In any case, she's going to be well-primed for the weekly swim lessons at her nursery school.
Next up on the activity roster: gymnastics. Both girls are interested, so I'm signing them up for a ten-week session. Between that, soccer and Brownies, plus a new schedule for Eden (full day school and no naps during the week), we're looking at a busy fall.
I have to say that I have really enjoyed this summer, but I'm actually looking forward to the fall - which is something I don't think I have ever experienced before. Why? Well, I'm excited for the new friends and experiences that Eden is going to have at her new school, and also for getting to know some new moms at the J, as a result. I'm planning on joining the PTA at Sadie's school this year. It occurred to me late last year that by the time Eden graduates from the elementary school, I will have had a child/children in there for nine consecutive years - it just makes sense to get involved. I have been volunteering in the classroom, but I'm ready for a bigger commitment, so I'm going for it. I'm also looking forward to Saturday mornings on the soccer field, and watching Eden experience gymnastics.
So, all that to say that even though I haven't been blogging much, the bloggable moments have been occurring, and all is well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment