Monday, March 19, 2007

Fast and Furious

that pretty much describes the weekend we just had. Woosh! Flew by in the blink of an eye. One moment is was Friday afternoon and I was getting out of work early (snow day, early dismissal - woohoo!), the next thing I know, it is Monday morning and I'm frantically trying to jump in the shower in the seven seconds I have while Eden is occupied with her banana and Sadie is still asleep.

So, what happened in between?

First, some waiting around for the tree service guy to come out and give us a quote for taking down a couple of trees. Waiting around in vain, I should say, as he called (my work #) to reschedule.

This exciting activity was followed by a trip to the grocery store (not fun - Evan and I foolishly thought going at 11:30 in the morning would be a fine time, and both kids ended up hungry and cranky).

Unpacking groceries, lunch for the hungry kids and a nap for the most-tired Eden came next.

Sadie and I had an afternoon "date" to go see a showing of Happy Feet at my work. It was cute, and we had a good time getting out together, but we didn't make it through the whole movie (she got frightened by the scene with the seal). Still, it was nice to have some time for just the two of us. We don't get much of that these days.

Sunday, I took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese, so Evan could get some work done. Yes, I really did. I should get some sort of medal of bravery for that one. I did manage to lose Sadie within our first 10 minutes there, but that incident aside, both kids had a blast.

Then, my parents came for an afternoon visit and birthday (Dad's) dinner.

So, it was a busy weekend and now here I am, back at work. Time to start thinking about the next one!

No comments: