ok, stupid title, I know, but I couldn't come up with anything better. Cut me some slack...its a Monday morning.
Anyway, the weekend was good, though very busy. The highlight, for me, was taking Sadie to her classmate's birthday party. I posted a while back about how I am really looking to connect with some new friends here. So, the party was at Build-a-Bear, at the mall. While the girls were engaged in selecting, stuffing, fluffing, and dressing their bears, one of the other moms and I went to grab a cup of coffee. I'm so glad we did! We ended up just talking and talking and having a great time.
After the party, we (and one other mom and daughter) decided to take the girls over to the food court and carousel (no food at the party). So, the girls got to binge on McDonald's and play, and the mothers got some adult company. Win win! I now have a playdate--I mean, Sadie now has a playdate ;) --for next weekend.
After that, Sadie and I headed home and caught up with Evan and Eden and enjoyed the rest of the day together. It was nice to be able to be outside all afternoon (yay for spring).
Yesterday, Evan needed to get some work done, so I took the girls up to my parents' house. We took them to a playground and let them run around. After lunch, while Eden was napping, Sadie, my dad and I played outside (Red light, green light...tag...races). I am a firm believer that tired out kids make for happy mommies, so I was keen to keep Sadie running around. I didn't anticipate how tired out I would be! But, my plan worked, as Sadie was completely exhausted and asking to go to bed nice and early last night. And, I followed suit not too much after that. Which was a good thing, since Eden decided to wake for the day at 5:30 this morning...Happy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment