Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sleep is the New Sex

Did anyone else see the article in the NYT about reluctant cosleeping?

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F40A13F8345A0C728CDDAA0894DF404482


I have so many issues with the parents in that article...my biggest one being that they are either a: too afraid to actually say no to their children or b: too lazy to do the hard work of parenting (setting boundaries and sticking to them, in spite of the protests). It is not that I am against cosleeping. If you want to do it and it works for you, then I'm all for it (for the record, it we don't want to do it and it wouldn't work for us!). But I am against parents who fall into it simply because their children demand it, even though it clearly isn't working for the parents.

Anyway, you can read the article yourself. I did just love one line in there..."sleep is the new sex."

No comments: