Monday, April 14, 2008

Random Stuff.

As the pictures below show, we had a really nice weekend. Friday night, I joined the LADEEZ from my neighborhood at a chance auction and dinner to benefit the elementary school. Guess what I won? Tickets to Disney!!!! How awesome is that? This really helps defray a big part of the expense of the trip. We will still need to buy a 1 day ticket for Sadie, but we are talking 1/5 the cost I expected to pay for all of our tickets. In addition, I won a five piece set of luggage. I can't say that we desperately needed it, but we will definitely use it instead of kind of throwing together the random single pieces we already have. So anyway, that was one highlight of the weekend.

Another highlight was buying chairs for the dining room. I'm so happy with how it came out, and we got a great deal on the chairs. Seriously, I'm such a dork that I actually spent about an hour last night, just sitting and admiring it. It really transforms the look of the house as you enter it. Though Sadie will surely miss her dance floor, it definitely is an improvement. In a word (or three!), it looks...complete. done. furnished. Can't wait to have people over now.

We also got a ton of yard work (mowing and weeding) done, in between the raindrops on Saturday. We remulched the front beds and got everything ready for planting. Hopefully, we'll find some time next weekend to do that.

Yesterday we took a trip to the Liberty Science Center. What an awesome museum. Loads of great exhibits, and very interactive. I think the most amazing thing about it was that each and every exhibit had something that was interesting to Evan and me, as well as the girls. Not an easy thing to design.

So, all in all, a full weekend. I got almost nothing done as far as housework, but I suppose the world won't end if I fall behind on the laundary or vacuuming.

it won't, right?

No comments: