We got new neighbors (diagonally behind us) a couple of months ago, and back in February, she (single mom, Carolyn) held an open house/come meet cocktail party. It was a lot of fun, and I learned that Carolyn has a six year old daughter (Abby), also in kindergarten. So, we exchanged numbers and said we had to get them together. But, given that we are both working moms, it just hadn't happened. Well, I guess Sadie and Abby took matters into their own hands, and spying each other across the backyards, they got together.
So, they now have gotten together several times after school to play. Not formal 'playdates', just that easy, running back and forth between our house and theirs, kind of playing. I love it. This is exactly the kind of friendship that I have been wanting Sadie to find. I have tried to foster it with Amelia, but honestly, until either of them are allowed to cross the street and walk four houses down the road, it isn't happening. There are a lot of kids around the right age in the neighborhood, so I know in the future, her options will expand, but for now, I'm just so happy that a little girl moved in behind us.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Thats' awesome! I love it when the kids have neighborhood friends to play with!
Post a Comment