Sunday, April 6, 2008

There's always a silver lining

I am sitting here reflecting on the really great weekend that is drawing to a close. It was full of the things that I enjoy the most - beautiful weather, activity, down time, and family. In spite of an iffy weather forecast, Saturday turned out to be a gem of a day. We got to try out our kick ass new trail a bike, and it is a huge hit. We did a nine mile ride, and Sadie pedaled almost the entire way. I couldn't see her but Evan said she had an enormous grin on her face the entire time. We also hit a great playground down in Spring Lake and enjoyed lunch out at Sadie's new favorite, Schneider's. During our bike ride, we took a brief break and stopped in to visit my aunt and uncle. I hadn't seen them since February (my bad), so it was good to catch up. Saturday night, we had my parents over for dinner.

Today was, true to forecast, cold and crappy out. But, it was the perfect day to catch up on laundry, vacuum, organize the toy shelves in the den, go grocery shopping and bake brownies. All things that needed to be done (well, I guess we didn't really need the brownies...), and so it is good to know that the week is going to start on an organized foot. We went over to Jen and Jason's for dinner, and the girls were all adorable together. At the end of the evening, Eden and Sophia went to hug and kiss goodbye, and the sight of each of them puckering up and leaning in was hilarious. I'm really looking forward to the two of them spending lots of time together this summer, as they are pretty darn cute together.

Anyway, as I sit here thinking about what a nice weekend we had, I'm remembering that this weekend was the original date we had planned on for our 'couples only' trip to the tropics. And, while the thought of lying on a beach somewhere and enjoying quiet time with Evan is pretty appealing, I'm not sure that it would give me the same warm, fuzzy, and satisfied feeling that my decidedly NOT couples only weekend does. If I were there, now, I wouldn't have had this wonderful weekend here.

No comments: