Yesterday my big girl graduated from kindergarten! It doesn't seem so long ago that we walked her into her very first day there. She has grown up so much this past year that it is almost hard to remember the shy little girl who used to cry every day when I dropped her off at preschool. She now runs ahead with barely a backward glance or wave goodbye when I take her there. She now reads, and writes in a journal, and identifies patterns and counts using tally marks and all sorts of things that underpin the learning journey. I'm so proud of her. As for Sadie? She's pretty nonchalant about being a big first grader...she's really just looking forward to a summer of hanging out, playing with friends, going to the beach and sleeping in. Really...who could blame her?
Friday, June 20, 2008
Another Milestone
Yesterday my big girl graduated from kindergarten! It doesn't seem so long ago that we walked her into her very first day there. She has grown up so much this past year that it is almost hard to remember the shy little girl who used to cry every day when I dropped her off at preschool. She now runs ahead with barely a backward glance or wave goodbye when I take her there. She now reads, and writes in a journal, and identifies patterns and counts using tally marks and all sorts of things that underpin the learning journey. I'm so proud of her. As for Sadie? She's pretty nonchalant about being a big first grader...she's really just looking forward to a summer of hanging out, playing with friends, going to the beach and sleeping in. Really...who could blame her?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment