Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Monday on the Brain

This week, I was off on Monday and Tuesday, instead of my normal Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm all sorts of screwed up today. I was all set to sit down and blog my usual "Monday Recap", but, er...it's Wednesday, for crying out loud. This changes everything! So, instead of looking back, I think I'll blog about a few things on the horizon. You know, really shake things up a bit ;)

  • Friday night we're hitting the town fair The girls are really looking forward to it, and to be honest, so am I.
  • Saturday, we'll be celebrating Evan's birthday - 41! Yikes, how can I possibly be married to someone so old, when I'm just such a young thing myself?!?!? Jeff and Anonda and Evan's sister are joining us to celebrate. We're going for dinner here and then for drinks here. Should be a fun night. And yes, I'm fully aware that we are violating my self-imposed rule of not repeating a restaurant, but it was Evan's choice, and who am I to deny the birthday boy his restaurant pick?
  • Sunday, I leave for a few days away at a conference. I am looking forward to it, as I think it will be a good time and a good conference, as well as a chance to visit somewhere new. But, I am also feeling pangs about missing Evan and the girls. Of course, any time I have to fly alone, I have all kinds of crazy anxiety about what if something should happen to me...but I'm trying to just set those thoughts aside and focus on what a good trip it should be.
  • I get back on Wednesday night (late) and then I'll have my last two summer days off (Thursday and Friday) before I have to return to a full time schedule - wah! I can't complain, it has been a great summer and I don't feel that I was shortchanged out of anything I hoped to have (beautiful weather, plenty of beach days, enough alone time to keep me sane), but I always do feel sad at this time of year.
Anyway, I should probably get some actual work done, so that's it for now.

No comments: