Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh Yeah

Guess what we finally got around to doing? We put up a clothes line outside. I'm so psyched. We kind of hemmed and hawed about it for a while, wondered whether it was 'acceptable' for our neighborhood and then finally just decided we didn't give a crap.

Evan put together a ladder-like structure in a sunny spot on the deck, hidden from view from the entire neighborhood (except for the people directly behind us). The girls are loving helping me hang out the clothes and then pull them down when they "magically dry" while we are out for the day. So far, I've figured that on days I don't have to work, I can get a load out there by 8 a.m. and it dries in time for me to get a second load out at 10 a.m. before we leave the house for our day's activities. On days that I have to work, I'm likely to only get one load dried per day, but I figure it is better than nothing. I am still using the dryer for jeans, towels and my 'delicates' as well as on rainy days (I pretty much do one to two loads of laundry a day, so I can't afford to wait out a rainy day), but I figure every little bit helps.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I wish we could have a clothes line, but it's just too humid down here.