Monday, August 25, 2008

2+2=more than 4, sometimes.

Due to different wants/interests and obligations, we spent a fair bit of time as duads, rather than a family of four this weekend. Specifically, yesterday we split apart intentionally. Evan took Sadie out to Longstreet Farm to participate in the potato harvest, and Eden and I headed to the beach. I have to say, I think the girls were happier for it. They each seemed to appreciate the one-on-one time with us, and they seemed happier to be with eachother when they were. Every weekend, we make such an effort to have "family" time, and the reality of that is that it ends up being compromise time for one or both of the kids, as they aren't on the same wavelength yet with what they can/want to do.


Evan and I were talking about it this morning and debriefing about it and we decided that we are going to try to do more of that for parts of the weekend. Time together as an entire family is still a priority, so I don't see that going away any time soon, but I think we're going to try to spend part of one of the weekend days split up, alternating which child we have. anyway, that's my random thought for this Monday morning.

No comments: