Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy Week

Birthdays and Brownie meetings and Science Fairs, oh my! Oh yea, and horseback riding lessons and a school carnival, to boot. Seems like this week is all about doing and running and preparing. It's all good...just busy. Tomorrow evening will be the only one this week where I have nothing to do, save for the normal work of keeping the house and our lives in order. It is hard to imagine how busy life will become once Eden hits school and has her own activities and events to add to the mix. Thankfully, for now, she is content to just tag along and enjoy Sadie's busy life from the sidelines.

It's only Wednesday, and I'm dying for the weekend. Not that the weekend is going to be too restful, either. We're headed up to Queens on Saturday morning to visit Lisa and Seamus and family, and to meet their new baby, Niamh. Should be fun. If the weather is good and time allows, we are thinking of swinging into Manhattan on the way home. I have this idea that the kids would love walking around Chinatown (maybe because I liked it so much as a kid - it seemed so foreign and magical), so I'm thinking of doing that and ending the day with dinner there, too. We'll see if it works out.

Sunday, I want to try to get the mantle and fireplace surround painted in the morning, and then I am going to see my Dad's play in the afternoon. The weather report is calling for a decent day on Sunday, so if we have time, maybe we'll take a bike ride, too. I haven't been on my bike since sometime last fall, so I'm really getting itchy to start riding again.

Anyway, that's about it. Just a quick check-in.

1 comment:

Kimmber said...

I LOVE Chinatown, as do my girls. Bet your girls would love it too.

Good 'hearing' from you!!