It was another really great weekend, with a bonus snow day on Monday, to boot.
Friday night we had dinner at Evan's parents' house. For as close as we live to them (five minutes away), we don't see them as often as you would think. So, it is really nice to get together on Friday evenings and catch up.
Saturday, Evan spent the whole day up in Brooklyn, brewing beer with his friend Jeff. I did manage to get out and have a good run before he left, so I felt like a tiny bit of the day was actually mine, if that makes sense.
I had been a bit apprehensive about how the day was going to go, being on my own with the girls all. day. long. I'll admit it, I rely heavily on having Evan around to co-parent - I am spoiled. Anyway, it ended up being a really good and busy day. we ran errands in the morning, then headed to a playground after lunch. We stopped by my parents' house (close to the playground we went to), so Eden could catch some zzzzz's. Mid-afternoon, we met up with my friend Cara and her family for some play and pizza dinner. The kids really had a good time, and we got home and ready for bed without a hitch.
Sunday I attended a baby shower for my neighbor (baby is six weeks old already). It is always nice to get together with the n'hood girls and I got a nice 'baby fix' and got to hold a snuggly and sleeping baby Isabelle.
Yesterday we woke up to almost a foot of snow on the ground. The day was spent shoveling, playing in the snow, baking, and watching movies. I even managed to get in some reading and a nap of my own - I guess the times really are changing in our house, and the girls are getting big and independent enough for me to have some down time while they are awake. Sadie must have spent 4 or 5 hours outside playing in the snow with Abby. She was in heaven. When she woke up and looked outside she said, "It's a Waltham day outside!" I'll say this for the snow, it sure wears the kids out (especially Eden who had to work so hard just to walk around in it), and they were happy to go to bed last night. It also wore the dog out (or, maybe tying a harness to him and making him pull the girls around on a sled did it...). In any event, all the young'uns in our house were happily snoozing at an early hour last night.
So anyway, here I sit on a Tuesday morning with a load of stuff to take care of this week. Best get to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like another wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment