Monday, February 4, 2008

cleaning

I'm on a cleaning jag...I think I'm even taking a morning off this week so I can get some uninterrupted, much-needed, heavy duty cleaning (steam cleaning the carpet, mopping the wood floors) done. We are in desperate need of it! I

'm also planning on doing my quarterly slash and burn routine in Sadie's room. The kid just has all these little pieces of ... nothing scattered about and stored in every spot in her room. To you and me, they are useless pieces of crap (eg. broken shells, rocks from the driveway, ribbons and bows from presents, pine cones...you get the idea), but to her, they are part of her 'collection.' Honestly, I blame Disney. Ariel, from the Little Mermaid, to be specific. She's a bad influence, I tell you!

I'm sure one day, when Sadie is older and collecting something interesting or valuable, like stamps, coins, original movie posters, or butterflies, I won't be so cavalier about her collections, but until then, every three months or so, the collection gets trashed.

Anyway, so that's the plan for this week. Floors and Sadie's room. I'm really trying to stay on a good routine with cleaning, yet not overwhelm myself and spend every weekend just cleaning, so I find that making small weekly goals (focus on a room or a particular chore) helps.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Wanna come clean my house next while you are in the mode? Ha ha