Monday, February 11, 2008

Randomness

In no particular order:

  • Sadie had a really great playdate with Amelia on Saturday. They played together beautifully for four hours, and would have kept going, only it was dinnertime and we had to call an end to it. It does my heart good to see her connect with another kid so well, and the fact that she lives just a few houses down is icing on the cake.
  • Evan and I had a 'date night' on Saturday night. It was nice, we had a good meal and some quiet time just to talk. I will say that those 'date nights' seem more special when they are fewer and further between. Given that we just had one last weekend (did I remember to blog about our fabu evening in NYC with Jeff and Anonda??), this past one wasn't as desperately needed as they sometimes are. Still, it was good to get out.
  • It is cold here. Really cold. Like, can't stay outside for more than a few minutes cold. Thankfully, the cold weather didn't blow in until late yesterday afternoon, so we were able to get the girls out to the playground to blow off some steam in the earlier part of the day.
  • Had a nice dinner up at my parents' house yesterday, so it was an altogether 'woohoo! no need to cook dinner at all this weekend!' kind of weekend. My favorite kind!
  • I finshed up our taxes last night and will file them this week. I was nervous that a number of things were going to converge this year to cause us to have to pay, but I'm happy to report that a nice refund in on the way. Phew!
  • ...and, with that refund not even in our account yet, I went ahead and did something I've been dying to do for ages. I booked our trip to WDW! I don't know who is more excited, Sadie or me!
  • Started reading Sadie a great book series...Junie B. Jones. We're both really enjoying the stories, and I was psyched to see that a mostly pictureless, 70 page book could hold her attention. I'm going to head to the library this week to pick up the next few in the series.
  • I'm considering switching our phone/cable/Internet package to Verizon Fios. I know nothing about fiber optic cables and I have no issue with our current setup, but Verizon is offering a deal that would be cheaper than our current monthly cost, AND, they'll throw in a free HDTV, so how can I go wrong?
  • Slow workweek ahead, so look for many posts from me. that's it for now.

No comments: