Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I've been crappy at blogging lately

Not really sure why...I have plenty of things to go on about, and even time to do it, I just haven't been doing so. Anyway, here's what's doing on our end these days:

SNOW

  • In spite of the fact that I thought we were going to have a truly snowless winter this year (heck, I was even starting to lament the lack of snow!), we did end up having a winter wonderland here last Friday, complete with a day off of school and work!
  • It was, for all intents and purposes, Eden's first real experience with snow (what a difference from Sadie's life at that age!), and she just adored the white stuff.
Here are some pix from the day.

All bundled up and rarin' to go.

Trekking.

You know you're a shore girl when your boogie board doubles as a sled.


WORK (mine)
  • I had a very encouraging meeting with my new boss the other day, and it looks very probably that a positive position change (and salary increase) is in the works. This is good news (obviously), as I really want to make the University my career home for the next 20+ years, so the idea that there is room to grow professionally is a positive development.
WORK (Evan's)
  • Evan continues to be busy. He delivered a big piece (a display table/cabinet for an engineer to display blueprints and drawings) last week and is on target to deliver a smaller piece (bathroom vanity) this weekend.
  • Next up is a dining room table (the bonus is that he's going to do a two-for on this so that we actually end up with a much needed dining room table ourselves!).
  • Once the table is complete, he will begin work on a desk for a 'repeat customer'. This project is especially nice, as this customer gives Evan carte blanche to simply create to his heart's desire, and price is no object (must be nice, huh?).
  • Finally, he's got three things in the pipeline - one is 'this close' to being a for-sure project and the other two are iffy. So, in any event, he seems to have enough work to keep him busy (and our bills paid) for the next few months, at least.
THE GIRLS
  • The kids are doing great. Sadie's reading just continues to amaze me, and she all of the sudden seems to have grown up so much. It is :) and :( at the same time. Bittersweet, I guess, is the word.
  • I've stuck to my 'playdate plan' with her, and she's had a playdate scheduled each weekend. Some have gone better than others, but overall, I can see that she's becoming more comfortable with other kids, in general. She has also willingly gone on playdates without me, which was something I thought would never happen.
  • Eden continues to be her same adorable, devilish self. In any given day, I can go from just wanting to eat her up, to wanting to auction her off on ebay, and back again, multiple times. She truly is a little 'curious George'.
  • She has hit the 'why?' stage (early), it seems. As I recall, Sadie hit this much closer to 2 1/2 or three. Now, every statement I make is met with "Why?". She also has take to saying (about anything she likes) "Oh, I love ---! That's my favorite!" It is really too cute.
ME
As for me, things are status quo. I haven't been exercising as much as I would like, though I'm optimistic that after the clocks change ahead next week, I can start riding my bike in to work after doing the lunchtime dropoff. Just doing that made such a difference in my overall fitness level last year, that I'm looking forward to getting into it again.

As my last post indicates, I'm also spending a ridiculous amount of time and energy planning out this trip to WDW. I'm even starting to 'get' the obsessive planning that I had previously mocked. This is really our first big vacation just as a core family, and I want it to be the best it can be.

I've also been trying to help Evan out with some of the more mundane, administrative tasks with regard to his business (creating invoices, writing up estimates). That kind of stuff appeals to my love of micro-managing ;) , so it is really a good fit.

I guess that's about all that is going on here. I will try to be better about blogging. I'm not really doing the pay to post stuff anymore (just kind of lost my motivation), so that's probably why I am not posting as frequently. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: