I'm not sure why I had such a lapse in posting, but I'm back.
I think the big news since my last post is that I went ahead and took the plunge and booked our trip to Florida. I am really excited about it, probably more so than Sadie. In the process of gathering information, I stumbled across a message board for people who love WDW. Holy. Strange. Obsession is all I have to say about that. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of great info to be found on that board, and I feel like I've been through a 3 day 'all things Disney' bootcamp, I just had no idea that people were so passionate about the place. Anyway, I did manage to pull together a great plan and itinerary, thanks to the information there. *warning: this is where I blaaahg about my plans, which can't possibly be interesting to anyone but me, but hey, it's my blog and I'll blaaahg if I want to*
We will be going for five days, though I'll be in a conference for at least 1.5 of them. We're going to stay at a Disney Vacation Club property, courtesy of my very wonderful coworker, who has a timeshare there. Specifically, we're staying at this one. We're opting for a one bedroom villa, so that we'll have a separate sleeping area for the girls, as well as a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in the villa. I think those things will really come in handy and make traveling with the kids a lot easier. I found a grocery delivery service, so I will be able to pre-order food and have the place stocked upon our arrival. I'm planning on eating a lot of our meals there (definitely breakfast and some dinners) in order to save some money.
As far as park adventures, I'm going to get tickets for this annual event, and then plan on 2 full days at Magic Kingdom, and possibly a half day at Hollywood Studios. I want to leave plenty of time for enjoying the resort amenities as well as time for surprising the girls with a trip to the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique in Downtown Disney. I'm going to let them get the princess makeover and wear their princess dresses so they look 'special' for their dinner with Cinderella at the Grand Floridian. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when that all unfolds.
While I'm in the conference, Evan will hang with them at the resort (looks like there are surrey bikes and pontoons to be rented) one day, and take them to Gatorland the other day.
All in all, I think it is going to be a wonderful trip, and I'm so excited. While I really did want to take an adults-only 10th anniversary trip, I'm so glad we decided to do this one, instead. They're only little for such a short time, and there's such a small window of time for them to really believe in the 'disney magic', so I'm glad we're going to catch it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like it will be a GREAT trip!!
Post a Comment