Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Monday

Indeed! It was a really good weekend and looks to be an equally good and busy week.

First up - my eating/exercising progress. The good news is, I'm sticking to it and it seems to be working.

First, the eating. It has gotten progressively easier each day to eat a bit less, and I don't feel nearly as hungry overall as I did a week ago. I've been journaling everything and it has been a great tool for looking and seeing how I'm doing. there is nothing like writing down "Chocolate Chip cookie - 220 calories" to make me realize that I could have made a better choice. I am definitely stopping to think (and calculate) before I eat and it has made a big difference.

Keeping healthy choices on hand at all times has been key. I've kept the kitchen stocked with fruit, nuts, yogurt, whole grain breads, brown rice...I even experimented with two new Weight Watchers recipes for dinner last night (Butternut Squash Risotto and Baked Zucchini Sticks w/marinara sauce) and they were really good. The kids even gobbled everything right up. so, I'm super happy with how that is going.

Next, the exercise. Good news there, too. I have been hitting the gym almost every day. I did even make it there both days of the weekend. I seem to have suddenly hit my stride (literally and figuratively) with running. I am now easily running 1.5 miles, and am eager--impatient, really--to push it further. I am staying true to the C25k program, though, and not rushing ahead. I've also been just casually doing arm work with my 3 lb. weights while I'm watching tv in the evening. Also, the kids are always up for a family competition of DDR, so that gets me moving, too.

So, food and activity are good...and the BEST part of all is that I stepped on the scale this morning to see that I am down 3.5 lbs from a week ago. Woohoo! I still need 3 more to go to get back to where I was before I got pregnant with Sadie, and about 8-10 more to get to where I really want to be, but I am encouraged and motivated.

Other weekend updates...lots of socializing for the kids this weekend. Eden had a birthday party to attend and Sadie had a friend from school over yesterday afternoon. In between we managed to do the usual weekend stuff - housecleaning, food shopping...I also brought the girls to visit my aunt yesterday. I think they were a little nervous and unsure about it, but I could tell Sadie was relieved to have done it and seen that although she is different in some ways, she's still Aunt Leila. She seemed really happy that I brought the kids, so I think I'll try to do that more often.

Oh, and Sadie and I had a movie date on Saturday - saw "Hotel for Dogs". It was cute. Wouldn't have been my first choice of a movie, but she liked it and it was nice to get out with just her.

Looking ahead at the week - I'm meeting Priya for coffee tonight. Can't wait to see her and catch up. Then, just lots of the usual running around for Sadie (lip sync rehearsal, another playdate with Victoria, Brownie meeting) and I'm sure it will be the weekend again before I know it.

Anyway, off to get some work done...

No comments: