Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Three Years Old!
Happy Birthday, Eden Mae!!!!
Three years have passed so quickly. Eden was so excited to announce "I'm three now!" as soon as she woke up this morning. I just can't get over how big and grown up she is anymore. Where did my baby go? I told her that she had grown in the night and now she was so big. She examined her arms and legs and then nodded sagely and said, "I know. Cause I'm three now."
Today will be a low-key celebration (just the core four for dinner and cake). Eden got to choose tonight's menu and her birthday dinner will consist of the following: pork chops, corn and m&ms. She still can't really differentiate between a birthday and a birthday party (for that matter, neither can Sadie), and so as we were getting in the car to head out to Cindy's, she asked "are we going to my birthday? will my birthday be at Cindy's?" I tried to explain that her party would be on Sunday, but not sure that she got it.
I remember being so nervous about having a 2nd baby... Sadie's infancy had been 'difficult' and I was so braced for a similar experience the 2nd time around. What an utter and complete surprise Eden was - everything from the fact that she was a SHE (we were convinced I was having a boy) to how mellow she was, and how easily she fit right into our lives. Maybe that is why three years have passed so quickly - because they've been joy-filled ones. Happy Birthday, big girl! Can't wait to see what the next year brings us. Love, Mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment