Monday, January 12, 2009

Minutia.

Weekend recap and then some.

We moved Eden to her big girl bed on Friday night, which was an interesting experience. She was pretty excited to sleep in it. So excited, in fact, that she barely slept! She roused every 90 minutes or so all. night. long. Wugh. I was actually almost considering reassembling the crib for her, but calmer heads (Evan) convinced me that it would take a night or two, and then she'd be fine. He reminded me that any time we've slept away, the first night is always a restless one for her, and by night two, she's good to go. Such a calm, sage parent, that Evan! Although I will give myself some props for convincing him that it wouldn't be a good idea to deprive her of a nap in order to 'make her more tired' for bedtime. I have had that one backfire on me before! So, we let her nap as long as she wanted on Saturday (2.5 hours), but early (11-1:30) and had no trouble putting her to bed Saturday night. I'm happy to report she slept all night and woke late on Sunday.

Sadie had a playdate with an old friend from PreK that we hadn't seen in ages. The two of them hit it off right away and had a great afternoon. I really need to make more of an effort to pair her up with other kids instead of just relying on Abby for companionship.

Saturday night we had Jeff and Anonda come down. They are so awesome. They had actually invited us up to the city for dinner at their place, and when we said we couldn't get a sitter, they offered to come down and make us dinner at our place. How fun! So, it was great to see them and they made a fabulous dinner. They decided to stay the night, since the weather was so iffy, so we had extra time with them.

Yesterday was a nice low-key day. We all woke up on the late side (thanks, Eden!) and enjoyed a yummy brunch. Jeff and Nonnie took off around noon and Sadie and Eden went out with their grandparents for the afternoon, so Evan and I had a rare afternoon to ourselves. We went to lunch at Sawa and then ran some errands - we're so crazy like that!

We ended the day with dinner at Evan's parents' house, so a good wrap up to the weekend.

The new week itself isn't starting out so swimmingly. First off, Eden woke up at 5:50 this morning - what's that about?!?!? I don't know if it is residual bed issues or if she is coming down with something. She was pretty sneezy, so I'm thinking she may be coming down with a cold just in time for her birthday. Super.

Speaking of her birthday, I'm a little bummed because I had assumed that all the grandparents would come for cake tomorrow night. Of course, I guess it would have been helpful if I'd expressed this wish before just the other day, as my parents sponateously decided to go away for a week to escape the weather and Evan's parents are babysitting my neice. So, no grandparents in attendence for her big day, which makes me a little sad. Ah well.

Plus, I'm realizing that every single night this week will be taken up with something, from shuttling Sadie to lip synch rehearsal to a wake for my friend's father and other stuff. I like to be busy all right, but not during the week. The good news is that Friday night is GNO, so I'm looking foward to that. Anyway, I guess there's nothing to do but just get through the week and stop complaining about it, so here goes.

No comments: