Monday, March 3, 2008

I survived

Evan spent the weekend up in Boston, delivering a piece to a customer, and attending an alum event at his school. I was a bit nervous about being on my own all weekend with the kids. Not nervous as in I couldn't handle anything that came up, but just not looking forward to being 'on duty' all weekend. Normally, weekends are my time to sleep in one morning, hit the gym, and run any errands I need to without the kids. The thought of an entire weekend 'on' was not super appealing. Luckily, I have wonderful parents and in-laws who pitched in and kept us entertained and fed for much of the weekend.

So, I did a good job of filling the weekend with lots of visiting and activity. I was even clever enough to send Sadie on a playdate during Eden's naptime so I had a few hours of complete down time. Anyway, Evan rolled back into town yesterday afternoon and informed me that there was a ton of snow up there, and as nice as it was to visit, he still had no regrets about moving away. So, that was good to hear. The girls were ecstatic that he was back and by dinnertime, all was back to normal at our house.

No comments: