Monday, December 10, 2007

I should have listened to my mother.

When we were shopping around for dishwashers, she told me not to get one with a computerized control panel. She claimed that they always broke, that it was better to get one with a manual dial and buttons.

So, did I listen to her? Of course not. Am I regretting that decision? You bet I am. Our new (under two years old) dishwasher is on the fritz...a little search on the Web (can you believe there is actually a blog and forum devoted to maytag dishwasher repairs?) has led us to conclude that the control panel is shot and needs to be replaced. Apparently, this is a very common problem -who knew? Ok, ok, I know...my mom knew, and had I paid attention, I would have known, too. Anyway, so we ordered the part and Evan is going to replace it, but what a pain. I'm only grateful that this happened now, instead of right before our party next month. That would have been a disaster.

As it is, washing dishes by hand is a pain - I had forgotten how much I dislike it.

No comments: