Lydia's baby shower was on Saturday. Normally, I'm not much of a baby shower type person. I usually find them sort of boring and cloying. This one, though, was a lot of fun. First of all, the restaurant was phenomenal. The food was so good and the atmosphere was great. I love, love, love the town where she lives (we had seriously considered relocating to that area before the opportunity to move here came up), and the downtown was all done up for the holidays, so everything had a very festive air.
It was great to see Lyd in all her enormously pregnant glory, and also to see some of my friends from college. I love that we have stayed close, even though we all live aways away from eachother, and are all kind of in the midst of our simultaneous "we have small kids and so our lives are very hectic and insular at the moment" phases of life. Even though we don't see eachother too often (though, with Kristin's bachelorette party, wedding, Lyd's pregnancy, and a spontaneous get together this summer, I would say this year has been a bumper year!), when we do, it is like we just pick up right where we left off. So, it was a good time. And, really nice to have pretty much a whole Saturday to myself.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment