Friday, December 21, 2007

Status

So...are you done with your holiday shopping? Or are you one of the many still racing around trying to get that last-minute gift?

I still have loads of wrapping to do, but, as I reported earlier, things are calmly coming together here. I am pretty proud of myself - holiday cards were out on time, shopping has been done for a couple of weeks now, and my stress level is comfortably low.

Of course, part of that is because we really are keeping it pretty low-key this year. In past years, I have gone nuts, buying gifts and spending more than I should, simply because I love to give. This year, I really had to be disciplined about it, because we just can't afford to be otherwise. So, as much as I would have liked to have been one of those parents snapping up iPods, Wii and xbox 360 systems and butterscotch the pony 'pets', I wasn't. Each child is getting (from us) three gifts that I hope they will enjoy. Others that we give to are getting thought out, yet not terribly extravagant gifts. And, if they don't like them, then I say 'bah humbug' to them.

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I have all my shopping done. I just need to find the time to wrap.

Kimberly said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!