Friday, December 14, 2007

there are basically three reasons

that make me feel blessed, every single day, to have moved back to Jersey.

The first, obviously, is proximity to family. Every time my mom stops by in the afternoon just to see the girls, or one of our parents helps us out with watching the kids, or any time we can effortlessly get together with our families for major and minor gatherings and celebrations, I am thankful that we live here.

The second, as I have blogged probably more than I should have about a singular topic, is the proximity to the beach. Having the beach practically at our doorstep is a gift we enjoy year-round. Having a daily destination in the summers is priceless.

So, the third reason? Check out this photo from yesterday's 'weather event' in Boston (I should note that we got rain here):



The second photo is of the Fenway on-ramp to Storrow Drive...the most arduous part of my daily commute home from Simmons even on the best of days. The Globe account is talking about 3-4 hour commutes, and traffic at an absolute stand-still everywhere from the Pike to city streets.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Yikes! I'd be glad to have moved as well.