Thursday, January 10, 2008

TV, HD, and Me.

Anyone who knows me pretty well, knows that I watch very little, if any, television. It isn't that I don't like TV, or that I think that I'm intellectually above it, it is just that it isn't my first choice of entertainment. I'd much rather read a good book, or mindlessly surf the web than watch TV. That said, lately, I have probably watched more TV than I have in years. I don't really know what is going on with me, but all of a sudden, TV is so appealing.

Prior to the writer's strike, I was faithfully tuning in on Thursday nights to 30 Rock and The Office. When I remembered, I would also try to catch Friday Night Lights on...what else but Friday nights?

With these shows in repeats due to the strike, I've started watching all sorts of things. Biggest Loser? Love it. Good Eats and Iron Chef? Yum. Trash TV, a la The Real Housewives of Orange County? Bring it!

So strange. How did I not realize how wonderful TV was before? Will this infatuation last? Will I soon be saving my blogging pennies for things like HD monitors, HDMI switches and surround sound systems? Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Bring on the trash TV baby! You need to check out The Girls Next Door. It is my secret vice. Shhhhhh...